Today I was the afternoon parent helper. I caught a picture of The Girl writing a story. This is exactly how I used to write. My parents bugged me endlessly about my poor posture but this is how I felt comfortable. No I wasn't kissing the paper. No, I didn't need glasses. It was just how I did things. Fast forward a few decades later and her is my daughter writing in the same way I used to. I don't anymore -- I just type nowadays.Here's the story she drew:
That's a picture of her sleeping and the ocean is below her. In her dream, I am in outer space and she misses me. But she decides to go to the beach.Again, we have this thing for water, the ocean, the calm of the sea.
AND we have this thing for not dealing with things right away and running away.
We are alike in so many ways.
We can be hot headed
and oh boy, when we're angry...are we ever!
we like things our way
we like food
good food
we like there to be harmony in our world
we'll let you know if you're bugging our harmony
we let things fester
OK we can hold a grudge
we love to laugh and have a good time
we love spending time with our friends
we can be shy
and so very outgoing
but it takes awhile
because we're so headstrong, we often get into conflicts.
oh well....at least we still like each other at the end of the day
we're not perfect but we try to be fair
No comments:
Post a Comment