I found a new pet peeve.
Parents who can't clean up after themselves and the mess their kids make.
Yes, it's a public play area. It's a play area for kids. But, the parents should still be responsible for their mess makers.
isn't there some saying about leaving the world better than the way you found it?
anyway, Little Man and I cleaned up the area only to have a couple new kids tear up the joint in a matter of seconds. oh well, the life of kids, eh?
We left soon after. Little Man was done playing and I was ready for some fresh air (it had been an hour since we got there).
When we got home, Little Man saw the new box of sidewalk chalk The Girl and I had bought the day before. So we drew and turned on the bubble machine.

Yeah, it was a nice morning. I cherish these moments Little Man and I have together. It's just us. He gets to be the center of attention for a bit. He can stand solo in the spotlight.
That is not to say that The Girl is a show stealer. She's equally giving and compassionate. She does like the one-on-one time with The Husband and with ME. She does get frustrated when The Brother gets into her stuff. But, oh the life of siblings.
Luckily, there are more good days than bad.
When The Girl got back from school (That Fabulous Husband picked her up for me) she and I hung out for a bit. played Mama/Baby. drew and had a snack. she told me about her day and I told her about mine.
Then we played a round of Wii. She was TOO cute. She made a Mii for her baby.



That's her baby's Mii. It's called Shan (short a sound).
I don't know where she got that name but I'm guessing it's derived from 'Sunshine' (one of my pet names for The Girl---she actually loves to hear the long list of pet names for her as I do have many).

They each have a drawer in the home office. They can fill it with whatever treasures they want. They're not allowed to go into the other person's drawer (although Little Man forgets that rule --- often). This is Little Man's drawer.
There's a toy fighter plane, a love note from The Sister, heart shaped crayons we all made as Valentine's Day presents for their friends and cousins, crayons, paper and a couple knicky knacy toys.
He loves his drawer. Almost as much as we love him.
Sappy, but true.
Today The Girl's staying home from school. She's not sick but she wanted a day off. It was too gloomy to get out of bed. Yes, in kindergarten she won't have that luxury but for now, for the last few months of preschool, what's the harm in indulging her? AND if we homeschool, then we'll be even more flexible with her schedule.
I'm still not sure what we'll be doing for the next school year but we have our name on the list for the neighborhood school. we're on the wait list for a charter school I'd like her to go to. The Husband is down for whatever I decide to do. We're easy like that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment