It's quiet...still...ahh, a great end to my day. I hope this stillness can last long enough for me to finish my rantings...Although today, there's not much to rant about.
I had my workday at The Girl's school. I've worked every other day of the week and there's something about Thursdays. It's more hectic. It's louder. It's almost the end of the week.
This morning the kids had a hard time getting up (again!). Luckily my ever so wonderful, what-would-I-ever-do-without-him Husband, dropped me off (like at 8:15 am) and then came back with the two kids in two around 9:30 am. I must say, setting up my area without kids, was a breeze. I did feel a little out of sorts, though. I felt as though I was missing half of me. I missed that tug on my shirt. Those tiny fingers squeezing my hand. I missed those tight hugs, the squeals of glee and those wet kisses. (from my kids, not the husband...those things i don't blog about for fear that my husband will turn crimson every time he reads my blogs...which is not very often so i guess......oh how i digress)
When they did come in, I all but jumped over the gate to give them their good morning hug. It was a fine day with the two. They had lots of water play. There were puzzles and blocks and sandboxes to explore. Little Man sat through the entire circle and sat (and ate) during snack. He even sat next to an older boy on the yard that Little Man thinks is oh-so-cool!
So cool that he told me he wanted a play date with this friend...And like a good mom, we've set a family play date dinner at a local pizza joint for next week.
Speaking of play dates, The Girl had one yesterday with two friends and has one tomorrow with another friend. Saturday She has a birthday party for another friend at school and Sunday, well Sunday, we're staying home.
It's been a while...a long while since we've done that. We need to get the rooms ready. We're re-doing the kids' room. We were thinking of getting them a bunk bed but that may be a little like shooting ourselves in the foot. So, we'll start by clearing out the room. Getting rid of clothes that no longer fit. Donating books and toys. Purge! Purge! Purge!
Now while I understand that we will not be able to get everything done in one day, we're going to do our best to get a lot of things cleared.
This may not sit well with my father who likes to keep everything. I'll have to make a direct beeline to the donation centers so he doesn't get a chance to keep the stuff (a.k.a. junk) in the garage for a 'just in case' moment.
I have heard that it is supposed to rain. Purging and moving the purged items to a donation center in the rain may not be how I want to spend my Sunday so it'll all be dependent on the weather.
I'm hopin' for clear enough skies so I can feel less like the walls are closing in on me. I hate looking at boxes of stuff to keep for a 'just in case moment.' I hate having stuff and not using it knowing someone else could use it. I just hate feeling cluttered. I hate clutter.
Odd, since my desk gets cluttered almost as soon as I clear it up.
Oh well, I'll probably have a really tidy and quiet house when the noisemakers have grown up. Then I'm sure I'll be missing my noise-filled and cluttered days. Oh, how the grass is always greener....Although I do know that I am the luckiest lady around. I have THE BEST husband and the MOST FANTASTIC kids!
There I did it. Finished blogging and still the house is quiet. I just need to make sure some foolish idea like doing three loads of laundry before I go to bed creeps into my head. ;)
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment